What to expect
Our mission at HolyMama is to create a sacred space for mamas and children. This nurturing 'love field' is the perfect environment for mothers to reconnect with their true essence as creative, powerful females.
HolyMama retreats include yoga, meditation, accommodation, meals prepared by private chefs, snacks, daily childcare and a beauty treatment such as a pedicure or facial. It is an 'all-inclusive' holiday for mother and child. Finally here is a yoga retreat where you can bring children and babies. As one participant put it, "Everything is top quality: Accommodation, yoga, food and childcare. Its real value for money" (see other testimonials here).
As motherhood involves constant giving, on this retreat you have the possibility to recharge. You'll be supported, looked after and nurtured with organic and well balanced meals. Mornings are for you to enjoy yoga, brunch with other mums, massages, treatments, a one-to-one consultation and time alone in order to reconnect with your self, which is vital for all those in your family system. Afternoons there is free-time for going to the beach, village visits, walks, pool fun and of course spending precious hours with your child.
You can come on the retreat with your baby, toddler or child. We also have limited space for mothers with more than one child. The childcare is Waldorf/Montessori style with two children assigned to one carer. There is the option of having one-on-one care. The childcare team is multi-lingual and extraordinary.
Come to this magical island to enjoy quality time with your child and gain some space for your own visions. Escape to the sun, sea, countryside and clean, fresh air.
We love Ibiza – the original location for the HolyMama retreats. It is a glittering jewel in the Mediterranean where the energy is perfect for yoga, meditation, healing, dancing and transformation. Legend says there are crystals under the earth in Ibiza which is why everything vibrates at a higher frequency; others say it is one of the most magnetic spots on the planet working as an energy vortex. Either way Ibiza makes people feel different; freer maybe. The island can also polarise things you need to transform – so come with an open mind and ready to embrace the changes this scorpio island will catapult you into.
The HolyMama retreats are held in the spring and autumn when the temperatures are perfect for yoga, babies and being in the sun. Ibiza is blessed with sunshine – with an average of 300 days a year of radiant rays. It is also a multi-cultural melting pot. Over 85 different nationalities reside on the island, alongside the nomadic travellers who come and go and the international tourists. Claudia can tell you some stories about the island’s characters as she has also written about them in a beautiful, coffee table photography book called 'Ibiza Portraits'.
You can fly direct from most major cities in the UK, Germany, Switzerland, Holland and Scandinavian countries. Or fly direct to Barcelona or Madrid and then get a connecting flight with budget airline Vueling or Iberia.
From Ibiza airport it is only a 20 minute cab ride or drive to the retreat location.
How much and what’s included?
Prices vary depending on accomodation choice. Each rate includes the following:
- 6 nights/7 days accommodation in beautiful Ibicencan villa or country cabana for you and your child/ children. Choose your preferred accommodation from 'HolyMama Sanctuary' or 'HolyMama Haven' (space is limited, so please book early to ensure you receive your preference).
- Daily morning yoga class for mums - main teachers are Suzanne Faith Slocum-Gori and Opale.
- 2 evening meditations (for e.g. Sundance/medicine dance and shamanic journey with sacred women's circle, sound healing with live instruments and voice, hara meditation, moonlight meditation) with evening babysitting included.
- Opening welcome circle for mums and children, closing circle
- 2-3 children's yoga classes with special children's yoga teacher (depends on age of children)
- Pedicure or Dr. Hauskcha/Dulkamara organic bamboo facial on-site
- Creative children's programme (carer to child ratio 2:1) every morning for 3-4 hours (if you have a treatment we include your childcare for longer). Multi-lingual, heart-centred carers using Montessori/Waldorf approach. Languages spoken English, Spanish, French, German and Dutch.
- All meals for you and your child. These are delicious, organic, vegetarian meals prepared by high-end Ibiza caterers and private chefs. Children's evening meal prepared by children's chef.
- Daily organic alkalising juices and smoothies
- Snacks and fruit
- Unlimited herbal teas and mineral water
- Superfoods such as maca, alfalfa, wheatgrass and goji berries
- Beautiful welcome gift
- Daily cleaning
- Yoga mats, towels, bed-linen, hairdryers, WiFi etc
If you'd like to come with a friend/mother/helper and want to share a room please ask for prices.
If you want to bring a second child this is generally an extra 250 Euros to cover extra childcare, food, sleeping arrangements.
Retreats are Sunday to Saturday – in the case of flights being Sunday to Sunday there is the option of staying an extra night.
More questions? Refer to our FAQ section.
- Flights to Ibiza, shuttle from airport to villa (taxi or car rental)
- Meals out and outings (although we can organise these and extra childcare if needed)